Nomad Vanz, North Vancouver
As the Production Manager, you will be a hands-on leader, overseeing the collaborative process behind each of our custom Vanz. This is a unique opportunity for an analytical individual with strong skills in team direction, seeking to grow with a premium van conversion outfitter who infuses passion and personality into their projects. Your ability to think outside the box will be a strong resource for our highly creative team, and give you the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the Nomad Vanz production processes – from initial designs to the client delivery experience.
- Oversee and supervise all functions including receiving of components, inventory control, production and interim quality checks and shipping; assure compliance with all regulations and good manufacturing practices
- Oversee and troubleshoot any production problems
- Oversee prototype design work and fabrication
- Must be able work alone and as a part of a team in varying project settings
- Ability to work hands-on in multiple areas of the van conversion process: exterior modifications, electrical, heating, plumbing, and millwork
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations; scheduling using TSheets
- Monitor and track production project work flow
- Manage vendors and suppliers to meet project deadlines
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Perform administrative tasks for the department, including but not limited to filing and organization of products
- Providing support for production and design
- Weight handling up to 24 kg (50 lbs)
- 3-5 years of experience in custom automotive fabrication, marine and custom millwork
- Manage multiple projects
- Design and technical skills
- Post-secondary education in automotive, production, boat building or similar field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Proven time-management and organizational skills
- Experience with adventure, overland expedition adventure travel an asset.
- Outdoor enthusiast in the mountains and waters an asset.
- Experience with boat building an asset.
- Working knowledge of production timelines
- Competent working knowledge with AutoCad or similar 2D/3D design programs
Ability to influence, secure confidence and support others through: building credibility and presence; asserting your own ideas in an effective and appealing way; listen and collaborate effectively with team members and taking accountability.
Organization: Ability to maximize productivity for oneself and for employees by providing structure, systems, clarity, frameworks and focused objectives as well as managing time and priorities effectively
Demonstrates acute business acumen (i.e., analyzing, problem solving, planning, negotiating and persuading to make smart business decisions)
Ability to clearly express ideas verbally and in writing, both in individual and group situations
Adjusts language, terminology and approach to meet the needs of the intended internal/external audience
Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with the fabrication team, peers, clients, and relevant partners; team-oriented.
Ability to present ideas, recommendations and knowledge in a professional, organized, simple and understandable way; respond to business requests in a prompt, efficient and courteous way; display professional conduct overall and consistently, maintain objectivity, discretion and confidentiality.
Salary based on ability and work experience
Production Management: 3 years (Required)
North Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified applicants can send a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
Run away with home.
Nomad Vanz is the mobile home on wheels. How to leave home without leaving the comforts of home?
The decision to get away from it all is not a matter of take it or leave it. It’s leave and take it.